Grilled Kudu Fillet with Mushroom sauce
800 g – 1kg Kudu fillet
5 Tbs Olive oil
5 Tbs Lemon Juice
10 g Butter
1 Punnet of sliced button mushrooms
1/2 tsp Fresh garlic
Cream of mushroom soup powder
1 Cup of Fresh Cream
Directions for the meat:
– Marinade fillet in olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper for 1-2 hours
– Grill meat on the fire, basting it with the leftover marinade, until medium rare (no more than medium)
-Let the meat rest for 10-15 minutes.
– Slice the meat in 2cm thick slices.
Directions for the sauce:
– Fry mushrooms in butter until soft
– Add garlic and soup powder and stir until mixed
– Add the cream and stir until smooth consistency is formed
– Add salt and pepper to taste
Pour the mushroom sauce over the Kudu fillet and enjoy.
Serve the Kudu fillet with baked potatoes and some fresh vegetables, or even a green salad to enjoy the true aroma of the meat.